Thursday, August 2, 2012

Parashas Va'eschanan - The Torah and Science


This shabbos is Shabbos Nachamu. As a bachur, every year I had the same plans for Shabbos Nachamu – I would go to the Catskills. I have a friend whose family adopted me every year for that Shabbos. Year after year, it was such a special Shabbos. (I even went with my wife and baby one year while visiting the States for the summer.) There was good food, a wonderful environment, lots of singing, and very sophisticated divrei Torah!

Why sophisticated?

I forgot to mention, every year I stayed by Mr. Joel Gallis. (I was very close with both his sons and quickly got close with the whole family.) Mr Gallis, zichrono l'vracha, wrote many books and articles about the Hidden Codes of the Torah and Gematrios. He also lectured, did radio shows, and worked hard to strengthen Klal Yisroel's emuna in Hashem. Mr. Gallis, together with Dr. Robert Wolf, have come out with remarkable information! Some can be read and heard on their site: http://www.redemption5768.com/html/articles.html

This week's dvar Torah is dedicated to Mr. Joel Gallis Z'L – Yosef ben Yaakov, may his neshama have an aliyah.

It says in this week's parasha, “See I have taught you chukim and mishpatim as I was commanded by Hashem... You will preserve and you will fulfill them, for that is your wisdom and your understanding before the nations, who will hear all these statues and will say: The only wise and understanding people is this great nation.”

I learn this posuk to mean; by learning Torah, we will reveal the secrets of the universe. Everything is written in the Torah! All information is found there, including world events and discoveries science has yet to prove. The nations will acknowledge that the Torah is Emes, the Jews are “The Chosen Ones,” and that Hashem is the One who runs this world. Some scientists have already admitted that it's not possible there's no God - there must be a higher power running this world.

It reminds me of a book I am reading, “The Coming Revolution – Science Discovers the Truths of the Bible.” It talks about phenomenons which scientists have recently discovered while the Jews have known the information over 2,000-3,000 years ago. The book mentions quotes from Chumash, Navi, Kesuvim, Mishna, Gemaras, and Rishonim regarding information which scientists only recently discovered with their high-tech equipment. For example: Ice on Mars, The Sheath Around the Sun's Orb, The Constellations, Water Reservoirs in Space, The Shape of the Earth, etc.

This is the message Mr. Joel Gallis was trying to help us be more aware of - appreciating Hashem and His all-encompassing, precious Torah.

Have a wonderful Shabbos,
Nisso   

No comments:

Post a Comment