Thursday, October 8, 2009

Parashas Vezos Habracha & A Special Thank You!

This week's Dvar Torah has been sponsored for:
Aliya Neshama: Shafika Bas Chasiba
(If you would like to sponsor a Dvar Torah, feel free to email me: SharingTorah@gmail.com)
__________________________________________

To the special subscribers, who encourage me simply by being on the list,

Baruch Hashem, I have had a very successful year writing the Weekly Parasha Divrei Torah, finishing several masechtas, and sticking to my Kollel routine.

I've had more than a handful of people who wanted a Dvar Torah sponsored either for a Refua Shelema, Hatzlacha, Yeshuah, Mazal to Conceive, Aliya Neshama, Mazal in Business, etc...

In addition, I wanted to let you all know that you are able to share a portion in my Torah learning by sponsoring either a week, month, or year. I would say the names (example: Leah Ayala Bas Yehudis for a Refua Shelema) everyday before starting seder. You may also reserve a week - months in advance.

I have spoken to the posek (Rabbi) of my community, and he said people may certainly use their maaiser (tithe) money to help support my learning and to partake in the schar (merit.)

Bli Ayin Hara, I have about 200 people I send out my divrei Torah to weekly and the list continues to grow. Either way, if you aren't able to help monetarily, I still thank you very much because by your subscription alone - it gives me tremendous chizuk to continue writing!

There's a posuk in Parashas Vezos Habracha: "And regarding Zevulun he said, Rejoice Zevulun in your departure; and Yissachar in your tents... for by the streaming of the sea they shall be nurtured and the hidden treasures of the sand." This posuk describes the partnership between Zevulun (who would work) and Yissachar (who would learn and be supported by Zevulun). Since they are partners, whatever Torah Yissachar learns, Zevulun gets an equal amount of merit.

Zevulun's name was mentioned first. Why? You'd think Yissachar's name should come first because they are doing the will of Hashem and learning Torah. Rashi answers since Zevulun was responsible for Yissachar's Torah learning, the Torah honored them first. We can see the importance of supporting Torah.

The Ohr Hachayim explains; 'Rejoice Zevulun in your departure,' to mean: Zevulun, since you are engaging yourself in business for the sake of Yissachar's Torah learning, you should be happy and rejoice because all the work/profit you are making are now converted into mitzvos.

Additionally, 'for by the streaming of the sea they shall be nurtured,' Rashi says, "Zevulun and Yissachar - to whom the sea streamed abundant wealth." It seems from there that when one supports Torah or learns Torah, Hashem gives them plenty of means to sustain themselves. It's a win/win situation.

May we be zocheh to get all the brachas in the Torah. Have a Good Shabbos and Chag Sameach!

I sincerely thank you all,
Nisso

No comments:

Post a Comment